8 Tips to Promote Your Event on Linkedin
So you want to get the word out about your event, but not quite sure how to post it on Linkedin. Or perhaps you know how to post a discussion, but can't get anyone to read your post. Here are some quick tips:
1. Join Groups. To get the word out to others, first join groups that interest you or are made up of people who you think would be interested in your event topic. To join a group, click the "Groups" tab at the top of the Linkedin page.
2. Post an Article to Your Blog or Website. You could just post a question on Linkedin, but if you want to engage your reader and get them to click over to your website or blog where you advertise your event, you must first write an informative article to which you can refer people.
3. Relate the Article to Your Reader. The article should absolutely have unique, useful, concrete tips. Remove the fluff and get to the heart of the subject. People love to read quick tips that are bulleted. Tell them how your event relates to them and how it can help them.
4. Use an Engaging Title. Without an engaging title, the information you post will never be read. Again, people love to read quick tips that are brief and bulleted, so use a title to that effect. Maybe even include a little fear.. meaning if they don't read your article they may miss valuable information that will directly affect them. For instance: 10 Foods You Should Eat Everyday or 4 Things Never to Say at an Interview.
5. Post a Discussion on Linkedin. Now that you've written your article and posted it to your blog or website, you're now ready to post a "Discussion" on Linkedin. To do this, log into Linkedin. At the top of the page, click "Groups", "Your Groups", and then "Discussions". Post your engaging title along with a summary of your article.
Also, don't forget to:
6. Mention Your Event in Your Article. Amongst all of the useful information, don't forget to mention your event. Also post a colorful image ad on the article page.
7. Automatically Link Your Article to Multiple Sites. If you've posted your article to Google Blogger as I've done here, you can automatically have the article posted to your Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and similar accounts. To do this, login to your blog account, click "Dashboard", "My Account", and "Connected Accounts". Then simply choose the accounts to which you want to link.
8. Example. Following is a summary of one of my articles as an example for you. Notice how the title in this example is engaging and the conference topics are meant to solve the reader's problem in some way.
14 Classes You Should Attend During Your Lifetime
The SCS 2012 Enrichment Conference on April 28, 2012
in Woburn, MA could help your dreams become reality by Propelling YOUR Ideas Forward.
Learn how to:
- Self-Publish a Book
- Bring a New Product to Market
- Open & Operate a Restaurant Business
- Sell on Ebay
- Use Social Media to Promote Your Business
- Create a Website, Blog, Brand, and a Logo for Your Business
- Make Wine at Home
- Prepare a Will
- Pre-Plan a Funeral
- Understand Vitamins & Minerals
- Research & Choose a College
- Manage Your Wealth
- Self-Defense for Women
Over 20 courses are being offered throughout the day.
Attend 5 for one low fee of only $69 if you register by April 5th.